I’m working on project 1 – transformation object this week, and I’ve narrowed down my list of semiotic principles that will be used in my game:
- Colour as Signpost. Will be used for each category of words, representing a different colour.
- Division – Absence. Absence will be represented by the spaces left on the scenario cards.
- Signifier/Signified. Will be used as the words (signifier) inserted into the scenarios, and overall meaning created when the two are put together (signified).
- Myth. This will be represented by each player’s drawings, which will be influenced by their cultural/historical backgrounds.
- Currency. The value placed on correct answers/drawings as points in the game.
- Author/Reader. Authors will be the creator of the scenarios and the drawings, the reader will be the player guessing the scenario.
- Image. The image is represented by the drawings created based on the scenarios provided, which will be based on personal reflection of the drawer’s thoughts.
Hopefully this will be developed further before submission!